Thursday 17 May 2007

Wednesday 25th April 2007


Went to London today and had a wonderful day. Met up with Rebecca and Oli and went to Patisserie Valerie. Gorgeous Tarte aux Fraises. £3.75 so bit pricey but bloody lovely. Hadn't seen Oli since he came to see me in hospital and it was really good to see him. Shame Lucy wasn't there. Realised how much I miss them being in Brighton.

Rebecca came with me to Bloomsbury of London (http://www.bloomsburywigs.com)to get my wig, Marina, thinned out a bit. They were so helpful. You're quite vulnerable when you're going bald and I imagine quite open to paying a lot of money for anything that might work. However, I was only charged £20 and Marina looks so much better now...I feel I can wear her without people being able to guess it's a wig. In fact, when I walked out no-one looked at me...although I was looking at them and constantly wondering if they had their own hair or someone else's. Anyway, Bloomsbury were fabulous and I would highly recommend them to anyone in a similar position.

Met up with Charlie. Went to Wagamama's for my usual Chicken Katsu Curry and then went to Gilbert and George exhibition at Tate Modern - giant multi-coloured turds and penises...contemporary culture at it's best! Strange that theor earlier work is much more reserved and black and white.

No comments: