Wednesday 16 May 2007

Saturday 23rd December 2006


I AM SO HAPPY! My Christmas wish came true. Am currently writing this while sitting on possibly the largest bed in the world in Room 126 of the Berkely Hotel, Worthing. There's a huge, floor-to-ceiling window that looks straight onto the beach. Have had the best day and Mum and Dad are so relaxed it's perfect, but more on that later.

My room is absolutely GORGEOUS! Dad has done such a good job and the floor looks lush. My desk now faces the window. It's going to be lovely to work, etc, while looking outside...so many birds in the back garden the other day (magpies, bluetit, jays, pigeon, woodpigeon, thrush, starling, blackbirds *snigger...thrush*). Rebecca visited for dinner (roast chicken, mash and gravy - first non-hospital meal...yum!) on Tuesday. So good to see her and I look so well now she said she felt much more reassured.

Only downside of the week is I was due to have Chemo yesterday. However, blood count too low and so I had to delay it by a week and be put on a 'clean diet' (basically eating everything that's been tinned, processed or individually sealed e.g. cartons of Ribena, sachets of tomato ketchup, etc). I have to have blood transfusion on Wed, which takes 6 hours apparently, but is meant to give you a real high and then I'll have Chemo Fri.

Driving down here was amazing. Can't describe how wonderful it was to see all the trees, fields, shops, etc. Going shopping even better! Felt what a prisoner must feel when they take first step outside prison doors. Previously I have been nowhere but my house or my hospital room for 10 weeks! All the Christmas lights were on...really pretty!

Have a feeling this is going to be best Christmas ever. I feel better than I've done in so long. I'm up and walking. I have energy and I'm out of the house and near the sea. Oh I do like to be beside the seaside, oh I do like to be beside the sea...

No comments: