Thursday 17 May 2007

Saturday 31st March 2007


I've had (in general) a really good week, this week. Things with Ellie are a little difficult - she's got a lot on her mind and seems very distant and distracted. I want to help, but am not too sure how. Just have to sit it out, be here if she needs me, not take it too personally if she doesn't.

Grandad's been admitted to hospital. They think he's had a stroke which has caused his brain to swell and bring on dementia. Dad's down in Worthing trying to sort out the bungalow and find a home for Grandad who keeps escaping from the ward - Monday night he was found trying to enter a nightclub in Brighton! Wonder if it was the Candy Bar?!

Dad came down on Sunday night and took Lauren, Ross and I out for dinner at Pizza Express. We went bowling afterwards. Actually had a really good laugh.

Mum came down to visit for the day on Tuesday. Weather was glorious. Mum loved the house. We wandered through The Lanes, had lunch at GBK and sat on the beach. Ellie and I went for a bike ride then I met up with Chelsey for couple of hours and got v drunk. Oops. Oh well.

Wednesday - spent day with Lucy Spilberg. Went shopping. Had lunch at Moments Cafe with Lucy and her colleague, Helen. Spent another couple of hours talking about everything and nothing. Evening met up with Antonia, Becca and Becca's housemates for few drinks in The Hanover. V cool day.

Thursday - volunteered at Hove YMCA. They run an activities club for the elderly so helped them do some drawing. Most are fully mentally and physically able, but a couple aren't and that was a little distressing at first, but it helped me to focus my mind on something else. Went to town to meet Ellie and Christa (WondyWoman). My God that girl is hilarious! One of the coolest, funkiest people I have ever met. Wicked!

Was zapped yday. Took forever. Unit was filled with old, miserable men. Don't think it's the Chemo that makes them that way. Think they're like that to begin with. Anyway, was glad to get out.

Sickness is getting worse. As the drugs are building up in my system they're taking their toll on me. It's not too bad - just a bit nasty to have to dash down alleyways a lot. Have my 'half-way' scan on 11th April and that'll determine my progress. Half-way. Gosh - weird! it's preying on my mind though. Whole waiting process begins again. Still...off to see Dawn tomo and Rebecca's coming to stay on Wed - SO, SO, SO excited!!

No comments: