Thursday 12 November 2009

Friday 15th February 2008


As well as Chemo, I am now getting hardcore diuretics so am peeing constantly. I'm also on steroid eyedrops and IV antibiotics for the infection in my line. Then to top it all off my period's decided to make an appearance. Bloody hell, literally. Don't have any pads/tampons with me so am having to use hospital's maternity pads, which is bit like shoving a rabbit in my pants.

Daisy sent me a text this morn. She's in hospital too..had to go back in for second op and also can't sleep. it just goes on and on. But I am focusing my mind on lots of little ninjas kicking the crap out of the cancer cells in my blood so that when we're both better we can hop on a plane and get the fuck out of here.

Hopefully be allowed home tomorrow if antibios are doing their job. Last day of first cycle today. It's slightly different drugs today and should finish at 9/10pm. Really want to go home. Being stuck in one room is just too much...particularly when I've been awake for almost entire time. Boring! This treatment's tough. Makes other Chemo look like piece of piss. Still...keep thinking...Ninja, ninja.

Finished Alison Bechdel's graphic novel/memoir, 'Fun Home,' which Nicky sent me. Fantastic! Great illustrations, which were almost photographic in both form and composition in places. Will have to see what other things Bechdel's produced.

No comments: