Thursday 12 November 2009

Wednesday 20th Feb 2008


Much better day today! Last night quite traumatic. Lauren and Mark had only just turned up to visit when the canular in my left hand stopped working so I needed a new one. Nurse tried to put it in my right hand...so painful and poor L had to hear my screams. However, they managed to get it in near my elbow and it's a lot better.

Potassium levels back to normal so no more vile drink. White blood cells rising and inflammatory markers down. Infection clearing so all progressing now. Just the fear of the next line going in now.

Walked up and down ward and saw Paul as he was going into Day Unit. He had his stem cells collected on Thurs. He said it was much better than he'd expected so hopefully that's the case for me. Dad bought my iPod speakers in today. IPod Touch looks so pretty in them, but it makes the atmosphere so much more homely, normal and relaxed. Also, no longer have the fear of tangling various lines up in my headphones.

K's visiting on Sunday. Marlene, her dog, is coming with her and she's actually dropping the dog off with my parents for the afternoon. I haven't even snogged her yet and she's going to meet my parents without me even being there. Madness! She posted the Val Day card. It said "Who knows what will come out of knowing you, Pip. All I know is that I like spending time with you. let wonder replace fear, my dear. Happy belated Valentine's Day! Love Kirsten x x" She's certainly all about the mystery. She was sent home from work with a migraine today. Texted a lot. Sent me a photo her friend took of her asleep on sofa with Marlene. She looks so cute. Really like her, but trouble is that she's v busy at mo and got a lot of emotional crap from her work and her ex, while I've got vast, empty days to just sit and think about her...dangerous!

Read 'Transformations' by Anne Sexton. Poems based on Grimm's Fairy Tales. Plath's version of Duffy's 'World's Wife.' Menacing. Dark. Gruesome. Fantastic!

No comments: