Thursday 12 November 2009

Monday 18th Feb 2008


Shortly after drawing the overleaf my iPod decided to go kaput. Noooooo! My lifeline. Then the Registrar came in and said my line (which was so uncomfortable) needed to be removed. The infection has got worse since I started antibiotics and it's really dangerous. He also said that they'd put a canular in my hand so I could get a bag of Potassium fluid put into me, and that he's going to put me on 3 types of IV antibios for 10 days and not let me home. So...bit traumatic really.

Was waiting for space to become free in Radiology for me when Dr A came in and said they could just take line out here in the room. Registrar did it. Didn't hurt. Was a relief to get it out. The amount of puss that flowed out that baby tough...enough ectoplasm for Ghostbusters 1 and 2. Apparently the stitches were infected too. He kept saying "What the hell are they doing in Radiology for this to happen?" Really inspires me with confidence for when another line needs to go back in for 2nd ESHAP!

Anyway, Potassium's working. Feel better already. I'm on these antibios; eye drops 6 times a day; GCSF injections; morning tablets and think that's it...for now.

Dad turned up at 3pm with a very pleasant and unexpected surprise...an iPod Touch! It's SO pretty I want to constantly lick it. Cannot wait for him to bring it back all loaded up tomorrow. Am constantly plugged into music in 'normal' life so literally cannot cope without it within these 4 v isolating walls.

No comments: