Friday 23 March 2007

Monday 4th December 2006


6.12am: Complete bitch staff nurse on tonight. She arrived at 11pm last night to take my obs. Didn't reply when I said 'Hello' amd asked how she was. No ID tag. Wrote my obs down on scrap of paper instead of chart. Thought she'd wandered down from Mental Ward. She had to take my obs again - blood pressure unusually high (as I'm in so much pain). Nurse 2 turned up and said lady next door desperate for loo but was hooked up to IV and she's not qualified to unhook drip. I asked Nurse 2 if lady was desperate in a way to hint that she could take my obs while Bitch Nurse attended to IV. Fell on deaf ears. She took obs and as BP so high Nurse 3 suggested I have them taken again at midnight. Nurse 2 said she'd do it. I whispered to her 'Good. Come midnight that really will determine if she'll be turned into a pumpkin, or if she is one already.'

This morning I woke up scratching right leg. Had pulled off cotton gloves in sleep. Was in lot of pain so buzzed for painkillers. Bitch Nurse arrived. Asked politely for painkillers. She just grunted and walked out. Nurse 3 brought them in and I asked her if I could have commode as even hobbling 20m to toilet is too painful at mo. Bitch Nurse wheeled it in with all the social grace of a slug.

When I'd eventually managed to get on commode, pee and then get back into bed I buzzed for someone to take it away. Bitch Nurse slimed in and slithered out again. 10 minutes later I felt bit sick so buzzed for an anti-nausea tablet. Bitch Nurse opened door: 'Yes, Philippa. What do you want now?' I explained and she slid off again. Nurse 3 arrived with tablet and said: 'God. I'm going to kill that nurse in a moment.' I replied that she was horrible. I didn't think I'd been too demanding, everyone else is SO wonderful - I mean way beyond the call of duty amazing - while she couldn't nurse a cardboard box. Horrid, horrid, horrid.

Should be Mum's Birthday today but she's postponing it 'til I get home. Means no cake - bugger.

Was lovely to see Rebecca yesterday. We had chat about everything and nothing. Well it's obs time again so I'll lie here listening to Tori and wait for Bitch Nurse to chug along in. Wonder where I can find a huge salt grinder?!

No comments: