Thursday 29 October 2009

Wednesday 6th Feb 2008



So I got my results back last Wed...and they weren't exactly what I'd hoped for. The suspicious area has got larger and there's also an area in my stomach that wasn't there before, so I need to have ESHAP chemo. BUGGER!!! My tits looked fantastic on the scan photos though.

The plan means I'll have 3 cycles of 5 days continuous chemo, followed by 2 weeks rest, during which time I'll need blood tests 3 times a week. I'll also need to inject myself with GCSF again.

This time I'll have a line wit 2 lumens inserted in my chest....sexy! It'll be put in tomorrow, under local anaesthetic, at 2pm. Am scared.

Currently I'm having to do a 24hr urine collection so every time I pee I have to go into a jug and then pour it into a 5L bottle.

Apparently this 'salvage regimen' will make me bloated and bald. I'll feel sick and the steroids will make me an insomniac. After the 3 cycles I've got to go to UCLH in London to have my stem cells collected, more drugs pumped in, and then my stem cells put back. However, if my body doesn't respond to the ESHAP then we'll have to try something else.

Don't know if I can do this. I will do it - I mean, look at the aternative...but can I do it? Just got to focus on the good things. Everything will be alright...eventually.

No comments: